Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Going to the Doctor

Today began with a trip to the doctor for Miss Riley. She was very socialable and friendly until the time came to have her exam. She hates to have her clothes removed or diaper changed. She screamed throughout the exam. then she screamed some more during her blood test. But as soon as that was over she went right back to being good natured and friendly.

She has really done well with almost everything. She eats very well!!!! I admit that I cried while feeding her because she eats just like a baby bird. She knows to open her mouth whenever food is coming toward her. Sometimes she starts opening her mouth as soon as you start preparing her food. It was very easy to promise her that she would never go hungry again.

She also went to sleep last night very peacefully and slept all night. She does wake during the night and cries out but immediaterly goes back to sleep. I guess I don't have to tell any of you who she chose to snuggle with......

Her adjustment is truly nothing short of a miracle. I'm reminded of the prayer of Pastor Allison before we left to come over here. She prayed that God would begin the work of transition and attachment in Riley before we ever picked her up. Oh my, but has He ever answered that prayer!! It is constantly amazing us at how well she is doing. We laugh and we cry....no, we laugh and then I cry. :)


















3 comments:

  1. Oh, how exciting! Sweet baby girl! Have fun fun fun with your new girly. It gets soooo much better when you get home. That flight is a pain - but it's long forgotten soon.
    I love seeing all your pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mike and Susan!! Keep the pictures and videos coming!! I am mesmerized by her and I know ya'll are as well. I tell you the more I see her the more she looks like Mike!! God works in such mysterious ways!!! Your comment about her eating just touched my heart!!! Tears again....must repair make-up!! Can't wait to meet her! Safe travels back.....love and prayers for all of you.

    ReplyDelete

Followers