Thursday, September 10, 2009

Pre-Trip Thoughts

As I sit here this evening, I'm just overwhelmed with emotion. Not only am I filled with excitement about finally meeting our little girl , feeling a bit apprehensive about traveling in a foreign country and leaving the boys for an entire week; I'm also feeling so blessed by the love and concern we have felt from our friends. Our church, Family Tab Church, has been so wonderful to us during this roller coaster ride. Our church family has embraced this adoption as its own. I cannot express how much love and support we have felt from you guys! Mike and I feel completely covered by your prayers! We love you all so much!!

We also have amazing friends that have cried with us, laughed with us, prayed with us and for almost two years waited patiently with us! You know who you are! God put you in our lives, and for that we will be forever grateful! I must also tell those extra special friends that began our journey with us but were called away (to Memphis!!), you really are still with us. Thanks for the phone calls and your efforts to stay plugged in. Distance means nothing in the family of God!

I guess I better get to finishing my 10 page instruction manual for our heaven sent "boysitter", Krystal and stop being so emotional. As my father used to tell me...Dry up, now! =)

1 comment:

  1. Hey Guys,
    We are so excited for you all. We can't wait for Riley to get to America and start her new life in the Shortt family. What a blessed
    child to be a part of Mike and Susan's family, and wow to have big brothers like Brannon and Logan. You are in our prayers...have a safe trip and if the boys need anything we are just a phone call away.
    Love you all
    Honk and Rita

    ReplyDelete

Followers