Monday, November 16, 2009

Cure for loneliness-retail therapy!!!



Once again I didn't sleep at all last night. My days and nights are completely turned around. It will take me a week once I get home to get my sleep patterns back to normal! Oh well! The good news is that when I headed out this morning on my shopping(not buying)expedition, there were two inches of snow on, and it was still snowing!!!!! I'm really frustrated about all the red tape concerning this adoption taking so long. BUT, I did so want to see Russia in the snow!!

I went to the giant high-end shopping mall called the GUM. Wow!! Couldn't afford anything, but did I ever have a nice time ...browsing. Cartier, Dior, Armani, Jimmy Choo, Louis Vitton were all my friends today. I've heard that the GUM is the butt of many Russian jokes. One I've heard is why would you go to Paris to buy a tie for $900 when you can buy it in Moscow for $2000. Below are a couple of photos of the GUM. Not too shabby, huh?!





This last picture is of the hotel lobby. I was trying to explain to the boys how my window looks out over the lobby and not the street. Now they can see it for themselves
I'm leaving tomorrow at 8 am for Alexandrov. I'll go by the passport office there then I'll get to see Riley at the orphanage. I'll have more pics tomorrow. Brannon, I wonder what she will be wearing?!













No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers